Saturday, June 8, 2013

Entry # 1.5 The Extra Note-To-Self

Note To Self:
Organize your knitting needles, and make sure to have a needle gauge handy....

Please! Allow me to explain.

I got married just over a year ago to my wonderful husband. I love the man, I really do. When we bought our house right before the wedding, we never had the time to move any of my things to our house. Now, a year later, I have to clean out my old bedroom at my parents house and basically throw away all the old crap that I had accumulated. FUN!

*eye roll*

In the process of doing said cleaning, I found my old knitting basket. A beautiful red wicker basket that is quite deep and quite handy. It has a handle and everything. Downside: the basket was empty. No yarn. No needles. I walked into my room and it looked as if a tornado had swept through. Then I remembered that I suck at going through things and throwing them away and sorting them out. I am great at organizing, only so long as my (undiagnosed) ADD doesn't get in the way first.

You see my dilemma...

In the process of just cleaning out my closet alone, I have filled entirely this basket with odds and ends of skeins of yarn that were still balled and usable and various needles. I can't even think to count the number of DPN's that I have found, let alone know what sizes they are. That isn't even counting any of the balls/skeins of yarn that I have seen floating around the main area of my room, and all of the needles somehow scattered all over the place!

I told you I was addicted to knitting... do you believe me now?

I will try to post a picture of the basket filled once I finish filling it with the yarn and needles that I have found. Now if only I could find my needle gauge...

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

{Stephanie}  

No comments:

Post a Comment